MERCURY OPENS UP SHOP ONLINE WITH MERCURY PARTS EXPRESS
FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Mercury Marine has made shopping for marine engine parts and accessories easier than ever before with Mercury Parts Express, a new online parts and accessories identification and ordering system.
Mercury Parts Express is a consumer-oriented E-commerce system designed to facilitate the sale of Mercury Precision Parts and Quicksilver Marine Parts & Accessories through dedicated Mercury dealerships located throughout the United States. Consumers and Independent Repair Shop owners can now purchase Mercury parts and accessories from the comfort of their home or business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mercury Parts Express now has three distinct product categories from which customers may choose to purchase, including two brand new categories of product. The categories include the following:
1. Parts for Mercury Engines
· Original equipment Mercury Precision Parts and genuine Quicksilver Marine Parts & Accessories which are designed, built, tested and perfected to the same quality standards as their Mercury Marine engine.
2. NEW! Accessories
· From engine accessories to anchors to water toys - we have the accessories to meet all your boating needs.
3. NEW! Parts for Other Brands of Marine Engines
· The Mercury Marine Quicksilver product line also offers a full range of parts for other brands marine engines.
Both the Accessories and Parts for Other Brands of Marine Engine categories were added to the Mercury Parts Express site on December 20th, 2000.
Using Mercury Parts Express is easy.
1. To look up parts for Mercury Marine branded engines, a customer enters an engine serial number and their zip code. With this information, Mercury Parts Express references the customers' engine model within an electronic database to assist customers in finding the correct components for their engine. The zip code identifies Mercury Parts Express dealers nearest to their home or business and allows the customer to choose the Mercury Parts Express dealership they would like to fulfill their order.
2. Customers may choose to shop the extensive line of Accessories offered by Mercury by clicking on the Accessories link. Here, customers navigate through several categories that include oils, lubricants, marine engine care products, and boating accessories.
3. Customers may also choose to purchase parts for other brands of marine engines by clicking on Parts for Other Brands Marine Engines link. In this category, customers can choose from a full range of Quicksilver Marine Parts by Mercury Marine that are designed to service or repair non-Mercury branded engines.
As customers find the items they would like to purchase in any of these categories, they add them to their shopping cart. Once they have finished shopping, customers proceed to check out to complete their order. The encrypted order is sent to the selected Mercury Parts Express dealer who will acknowledge receipt of the order via email within 24 hours. The Mercury Parts Express dealer then ships the order, and charges the customer via the customer's credit card - all based on the customer's preferences.
Mercury Marine monitors the promptness of all site transactions. The goal is to deliver 95 percent of all orders to customers within 48 hours of receipt of the order. Customers receive an itemized Order Confirmation and tracking number, which will allow them to check the status of their orders and trace their packages at any time.
Customers can access Mercury Parts Express directly through www.mercurypartsexpress.com or from the Mercury home page at www.mercurymarine.com.
Experience Mercury Parts Express online! Take a test drive today! Go to www.mercurypartsexpress.com. If you don't have a serial number, use 0K189854.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., Brunswick Corporation is a global marketer and manufacturer of leading consumer brands including Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; Sea Ray, Bayliner and Maxum pleasure boats; Baja high-performance boats; Boston Whaler and Trophy offshore fishing boats; Life Fitness, Hammer Strength and ParaBody fitness equipment; Brunswick bowling centers, equipment and consumer products; Brunswick billiards tables; and Igloo coolers and ice chests